Monday, October 26, 2009

UGH.....Roma

Roma 0-1 Livorno
I mean that is really should say it all. People can try and come up with excuses, Livorno aren't going to go winless all seasons, they were bound to break their losing streak sometime, they have a new manager and are experiencing their honeymoon period, no, that is complete bullshit.
Roma, just as of 2008, beat real madrid in the champions league and now we can't even beat livorno at home? really?
I'm sorry the only time, the only time, it might be, might be ok to lose to a newly promoted team at home is if you already have the title locked up in say the 35th round other then that it is complete unacceptable.

Roma are playing waaaaay to lazy, I keep trying to defend Roma and Serie A for their slow style of play, but after the Livorno game, I can no longer say that this is a style of play that can win games, let alone trophies.

I read the Castle di Sangro, and in the book the manager, Jaconi, he did not like foreign players, saying that they would take them too long to learn the system of Serie B(ok, we know this not to be true, Serie B tactics are about a complex as paris hilton). But Jaconi also thought that they did not have the character or toughness and this maybe be true in roma's case.

Ok, not for all foreign players on Roma but maybe for just a few, because I happen to like Faty and Riise, but the two players I have found to be leaving something to be desired from them, Menez and Vucinic.
I hate to say it about Vucinic, I think he is a player of great talent, but he needs to grow up and stop pouting, he misses a chance and its the end of the world, instead of pushing it out of his mind and getting stuck in.
Menez, what to say about Menez. I was never particular fond of him when he came over from monaco last year, frankly, he just dives too much. But this year, he has shown some real talent and promise, the only problem is that he does not seem to care.

I call these players out with the contrast being Stefano Guberti, a player who came on the field sunday and tried as hard as he could to make an impact on the game. But on the same note, not all foregin players did not play their best, Faty and Riise gave their best.

What should Roma do? well the only idea I have to break out of this God awful slump is the play players not on talent but on their hard work, their hustle and the wanting to play well.

No comments:

Post a Comment