Sunday, June 14, 2009

Confederations Cup

Yea yea, I thought it started tomorrow so that's why I forgot about today's games.
But anyway, I'm gonna give my prediction for all of the tournament's games.

Groups A
Spain, South Africa, New Zealand and Iraq
Iraq 0-0 South Africa
Spain 5-0 New Zealand
I can say I'm not too surprised at these results, South Africa is so young as a footballing nation, not being allowed as a national team until the early 1990s because of the Apartheid, not being part of FIFA until this time.
So Now predictions
Iraq 0-3 Spain- I would love Iraq to steal a goal but it just won't happen
New Zealand 1-2 South Africa-South African get their first win but it doesn't come easy

Iraq 3-0 New Zealand- Iraq will continue to impress and make it to the semis
South Africa 1-4 Spain-SA ride the emotion of the last game, get the first goal but then Spain turns it on
Group A
Spain (winner)
Iraq (runner up)

Group B- Italy, Brazil, Usa, Egypt
Brazil 2-1 Egypt- A new Tactical Brazil will struggle but will over come Egypt
Usa 1-3 Italy, USA will finally get a goal that's not an own goal, but Italy will dominate.

Egypt 0-1 Italy- Egypt will continue to disappoint, Vintage italy
Brazil 3-0 Usa- the group of death just turned into a group of massacres from the big guns

Brazil 2-2 Italy- young guns will shine for both, Brazil wins the group
Egypt 2-2 Usa- yea, not much to play for, never take the pride
Group B
Brazil (winner)
Italy

Semi- Finals
Brazil 3-1 Iraq- Iraq will get a goal but over confident Brazil will make it to the final
Italy 2(P)-2 Spain- Unlike the match up in Euro 2008, it will be full of goals but still goes to penalties, Italy edge it out.

Final
Brazil 2-1 Italy- Brazil show why i Favor them for next years world cup but italy show why they are not just an aging team but still have some fight.

Winner: Brazil


No comments:

Post a Comment