I have never been a big fan of Joe D ever since the trade of Darko( It probably was the correct move tho, and I fault Larry Brown for Darko's lack of development) but I have to say he might be moving in the right direction with the team(i hope).
The Nba salary cap is currently at 57.7 million dollars, the pistons current salary is at 58 million and next year is predicted(subject to to change) 49 million. This does not look good but I promise you there is some hope to be found.
Tayshuan Prince and Jason Maxiell will not be on the pistons roster next year, if we want a big name free agent. If Prince and Maxiell are traded that would free up 16 million dollars next year, taking the pistons cap down from 49 million to 36 million, giving the pistons around 20 million in cap space.
Now with that 20 million in cap space Joe D will(hopefully) go after a big man that scores in the paint. The top 3 in my mind are Chris Bosh(currently making 15 mil), Amare Stoudemire (16 mil) and Carlos Boozer (12 Mil) in that order. And we should sign one of these guys(please not boozer) and I feel that Joe D will.
So this is what are 2010 Detroit Pistons line up should be
Stuckey-Hamilton-Jerebko-Villanueva-Bosh
Bench: Gordon, Daye, Bynum and hopefully another big man
Ps: I'm falling in love with Brandon Jennings, so I will have some posts about him and how the bucks should be alot better then they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment